Online Banking Disclosure
The first time you access your accounts through Online Banking, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement and acknowledge your understanding of its terms.
This Agreement applies to your use of our Online Banking service (“Online Banking”), which permits you to access your accounts with us via the Internet for various banking services. This Agreement applies to all persons that are parties to the accounts. In this Agreement, the terms “you” and “your” refer to each depositor on an account accessible by Online Banking, and the terms “us” and “we” and “our” refer to Bank North.
Forms. To establish Online Banking service you will need to complete certain enrollment forms evidencing your desire to access your accounts using our Online Banking Service. Your signature on the Enrollment Forms constitutes your agreement with the terms of this Agreement.
- Your Responsibility.
You are responsible for selecting all systems, hardware and your Internet Service Provider and for any defect, malfunction or interruption in service or security due to hardware or software failure or your choice of an Internet Service Provider.
- Access ID.
To use Online Banking, you will need to have an Access ID and Password. As a first time user, your Access ID must be one of your account numbers. After you Log On for the first time, you will be prompted to change your Access ID. At that time you can personalize your Access ID, or continue to use your account number.
The first time you Log On to Online Banking, you are required to change your Password. Your Password has the same effect as your signature authorizing transactions. You agree to safely keep your Password, not to record your Password or otherwise disclose or make your Password available to anyone other than authorized users of your accounts. Anyone to whom you disclose your Password and anyone who has access to your Password will have full access to the services you can perform with Online Banking, including full access to your accounts. You have no ability to limit any such person’s authority. If anyone uses your Password with your permission, you will be responsible for any transactions performed by that person.
- Customer Liability.
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your Password has been lost or stolen or if you believe there have been unauthorized transfers to or from your account. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You can lose no more than $50 if someone used your password without your permission. If any other unauthorized transfer was made from your account, and you do not tell us within 60 days of the date we mail a periodic statement to you, you may not get any money you lost after the 60 days if we show that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you would have told us in time. You can lose no more than $50 for unauthorized transfers occurring within 60 days after the periodic statement was mailed to you.
- Contact in Event of
Unauthorized Transfer. If you believe your Password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call (715) 856-5116, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Bank North, PO Box 380, Wausaukee, WI 54177 Attention: Online Banking Department.
Using Online Banking you can: View account information, transfer funds between your accounts, make payments out of your accounts to your loan accounts, schedule monthly payments out of your accounts to your loan accounts and schedule a recurring or one time transfer between your accounts. Subject to available funds, you may transfer funds through Online Banking in any amount.
- Business Days.
Our business days are Monday through Friday. The following holidays are not included as business days: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. We can process a funds transfer on the same business day as your instructions, if we receive your instructions before our Online Banking cut-off hour of 6:00 P.M. on a business day. If we receive your instruction after the end of our business day, we will process the transaction on our next business day. If you schedule a funds transfer for a future date, we process the transaction after the close of business on that date, if that day is a business day. If the date you request for a future transfer or payment is not a business day, we process the transaction on our next business day.
- Canceling Funds
You may cancel or change a scheduled funds transfer by selecting and accurately completing the appropriate fields from the payment menu. Any instruction to cancel or change a funds transfer must be made by the Cut-Off Hour of the business day prior to the date the transaction is to be processed. If you do not accurately complete the appropriate instructions prior to that time, we may process the transaction.
- Overdrafts. When you schedule a funds transfer using Online Banking, you authorize us to withdraw the necessary funds from your account with us. We deduct the amount of your funds transfer from your account on the date we process your instruction. Each instruction to us to withdraw or transfer from an account is an order to us to pay from that account at that time or on a later date, if any, indicated in the instruction. We may charge payments against the account if the charge creates an overdraft, or we may refuse to make payments against the account even though the charge creates an overdraft. If your payment overdraws your account, you agree to immediately pay us the overdrawn amount, together with any applicable fees.
- Limitations on Transfers.
Under federal regulations, transfers from a money market account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, or telephone transfer are limited to six per statement cycle with no more than three by check or similar order to third parties. Transfers from a savings account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, or telephone transfer are limited to six per month with no transfers by check, draft, debit card, or similar order to third parties. Each funds transfer or payment made through Online Banking from your money market or savings account is counted as one of the six limited transfers you are permitted each month.
We will charge you Online Banking fees, if any, as identified in our current fee schedule, and as it may be amended by us from time to time, and otherwise in accordance with our Deposit Account Rules.
- Periodic Statements.
Your Online Banking account activity will appear on your periodic account statement. If there are no transfers in a particular month you will receive a statement at least quarterly on your savings account.
- Our Liability For Failure
to Make Transfers.
If you have given us all of the proper and timely instructions and have properly completed all fields to complete a transfer and we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you subject to the limitations contained in this Agreement, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, your account does not contain sufficient collected funds to make the transfer.
- If the money in your account is subject to legal process or other encumbrances restricting the transfer.
- If circumstances beyond our control occur (such as communications, electronic or computer system failure, fire or flood) prevent the transfer or use of Online Banking, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- If incomplete or inaccurate information is forwarded to us by you or you have not properly completed the instructions for using Online Banking.
- If your operating system is not properly installed or functioning properly.
- For errors or failures from any malfunctions of your browser, Internet Service Provider, computer, computer virus or other problems relating to the computer equipment you use with the Online Banking Service, including, without limitation, your inability to access Internet Service or any part of Internet Service or Online Banking or any part of Online Banking.
- For a failure to provide access or for interruption in access to the Online Banking Service due to Internet Service system failure.
- The failure was the result of inaccessibility to Online Banking due to Online Banking system failure. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION IN THIS AGREEMENT UNLESS OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW, OUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR AN ERROR BY US OR OUR THIRD PARTY PROVIDER IN TRANSFERRING FUNDS WILL BE TO CORRECT THE ERROR, BUT IN NO CASE WILL THE BANK BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO ONLINE BANKING.
- Account Information
We may modify, suspend or terminate your privilege of using Online Banking and may withhold approval of any transaction, at any time, without prior notice to you. In the event we terminate Online Banking we will try to notify you in advance but are not required to do so. You will be notified as soon as is practicable. Any one person who can use the account accessible with Online Banking may terminate Online Banking. Termination shall not affect the rights and obligations of the parties for transactions made with Online Banking before we have had a reasonable time to respond to your termination request. Your termination of Online Banking will automatically terminate any pending transfers and payments.
- Third Parties. You understand that support and services relating to Online Banking are provided by third parties other than us, and you authorize us to contract with third parties to provide such support and service.
We may amend this Agreement at any time. We will give you reasonable notice in writing or by any other method permitted by law.
- General. This Agreement is intended to supplement and not to replace our agreements between you and us relating to your accounts, including, without limitation, our Deposit Account Rules.
- Business Accounts.
If you maintain a business account, any “authorized representative” of your business is authorized to enter into this Agreement and perform the services offered by Online Banking. The term “authorized representative” means a person with authority of any kind with respect to your accounts or to whom you have authorized access to Online Banking. The limitations on customer liability (set forth in section 6) and our liability to you for failure to make transfers (set forth in section 15) do not apply to any business account.
li>Changes to Your Information.
You agree to promptly notify us of any change of address, email or any other changes in the status of your Payment Account (other than changes in its balance). You may call 715-856-5116, email email@example.com or write to us at:
Attn: Online Bill Payment Services
PO BOX 380
Wausaukee, WI 54177
IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS
ABOUT YOUR ELECTRONIC TRANSFERS
Telephone us at (715) 856-5116 or write us at Bank North, PO Box 380, Wausaukee, Wisconsin, 54177 Attention: Online Banking Department, as soon as you can, if you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared. 1. Tell us your name and account number. 2. Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information. 3. Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, a point-of-sale transaction, or a foreign-initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. Your account is considered a new account for the first 30 days after the first deposit is made, unless each of you already has an established account with us before the account is opened.
We will tell you the results within 3 business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Amended June 1,2013
Bill Pay Disclosure
This agreement will govern all deposit accounts established with Bank North, a Wisconsin state chartered bank. The words "we," "our," or "us" mean Bank North, and the words "you" or "yours" mean the accountholder(s). Our relationship with you is regulated by federal and state banking laws.
You agree to the terms of the Agreement and any Fees identified herein. You agree to be liable for any account deficit resulting from charges or overdrafts as well as any other loss we incur, whether caused by you or another authorized person to withdraw funds from an account, together with the costs we incur to collect the deficit or loss. You also expressly agree to the limitation of bank liabilities identified in Item 9 of this Agreement.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS. The Online Bill Payment Service offered by Bank North is subject to the following terms and conditions as well as all applicable laws. For purposes of this Agreement:
means the printed Application Form for Online Bill Payment Service upon which you provide necessary information to initiate Bill Payment Service on your Payment Account.
- "Business Day"
means Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Reserve holidays.
- "Cutoff Time"
means 6:00 p.m. Central Time on business days.
- "Maximum Payment"
means an amount available to be processed under a Payment Instruction from your Payment Account up to a maximum amount of $5,000.00.
- "Payee" means the person or entity to whom you wish a bill payment to be directed.
- "Payment Account"
means your checking account from which bill payments will be made.
- "Payment Initiation Date"
means the Business Day of your choice up until 6:00 p.m. Central Time upon which your bill payment will begin processing and your Payment Account will be debited.
- "Payment Processing Date"
means the Business Day upon which your Payment Instruction is actually processed and your payment is sent to the Payee.
- "Payment Instruction"means the information provided by you to the Service through the Online Bill Payment system for a bill payment to be made from your Payment Account to the Payee (such information includes, but is not limited to, Payee name, address, & telephone number, amount, and processing date and frequency of payment).
means the Online Bill Payment service offered by Bank North.
means the preparation and remittance of your payment by U.S. Mail.
- Bill Payment.
We will follow the Payment Instructions we receive from you, including the Payee name, address, and account information that you authorize. We will debit your Payment Account on the selected Payment Initiation Date in an amount not to exceed the Maximum Payment and to remit funds to the Payee on your behalf. However, in no account will you be authorized to direct a bill payment under a single transaction in an amount in excess of the Maximum Payment amount.
- Timing of Instructions and Payment.Your Online Bill Payment transactions will be processed on the Business Day following your Payment Initiation Date. Payment Instructions entered after the Cutoff Time or on non-Business Days will be considered entered into the Service on the next Business Day. Some Online Bill Payment transactions may take longer than normal mailing time for the payment from you to be credited by your Payee. In addition, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the late delivery of payments due to circumstances beyond our control (including, but not limited to, delays in handling, delivery, and Payee’s posting of payments). For this reason, you should choose a Payment Processing Date no less than five (5) Business Days prior to the actual due date. (For example, the payment should be processed no later than Monday before 6 p.m. Central Time for a payment to be sent with an expected arrival of the following Monday.)
- Canceling or Editing a Payment. A bill payment is deemed a "Pending Payment" from the time Payment Instructions are received by us until the Cutoff Time of 6:00 p.m. Central Time on the Business Day of the Payment Initiation Date. If you desire to cancel or edit any Pending Payment (including recurring payments), then you may do so up until 3:30 p.m. Central Time on the Business Day of the Payment Initiation Date by calling the Online Bill Payment Customer Service Department at 715-856-5116. There is no charge for canceling or editing a Pending Payment. Cancellation orders sent to us via any other means will not be accepted. However, after 6:00 p.m. Central Time on the Payment Initiation Date, your Online Bill Payment transaction is considered to be "Completed". We will not commit to cancel a payment which is completed. If you attempt to cancel or edit any Completed Payment Instruction, we will make a reasonable effort to accommodate your request and we will have no liability for failing to follow your instructions.
- Delayed Processing.If you initiate a transaction and there are not sufficient available funds in your account, the transaction will not be processed. You will not be notified of the failure to process your Payment Instruction.
- Non-completion or Return of a Transaction.If we are unable to successfully complete and remit an Online Bill Payment transaction due to problems associated with your Payment Account or if a completed transaction is returned to us for any reason, such as incorrect Payee name or address, the only record you will receive will be your current account statement. You agree to be responsible for verifying the remittance and acceptance of each transaction. We will not send you any special notice that the transaction has not been completed or has been returned and, in such case, you agree:
- To pay any fees you incur resulting from the incomplete or returned transaction.
- To reimburse us for costs, if any, incurred by us.
- To allow us to report facts concerning the transaction to a credit reporting agency.
- Prohibited Payments to Certain Payees.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse to complete any Payment Instruction you may submit. We will notify you promptly if we decide to refuse to pay any designated Payee. However, we prohibit certain bill payments and such notification is not required if your Payment Instruction attempts to make a prohibited bill payment under this Agreement. The following bill payments are prohibited:
- Federal, state, or municipal tax payments
- Court ordered payments; such as child support or alimony
- Payments to Payees outside the United States
- Fees If signing up for Online Bill Pay, there is a $25 set up fee. If Online Banking is not used for a period of 6 months, your Online Banking and Bill Pay rights will no longer be available and you will be required to sign a new enrollment form and pay a $25 set up fee. You will be charged for completed payment transactions according to the Fees set by the bank and amended from time to time.
Other standard fees and charges associated with your account will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and/or Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and/or Internet service provider.
- Changes to Your Information.You agree to promptly notify us of any change of address, email or any other changes in the status of your Payment Account (other than changes in its balance). You may call 715-856-5116, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Attn: Online Bill Payment Services
PO BOX 380
Wausaukee, WI 54177
- Disclaimer of Certain Liabilities.We will use our best efforts to complete your bill payments properly. However, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to complete any bill payments initiated through Payment Instructions because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- Negligent use, disclosure, or loss of your Online Bill Payment Account password.
- Insufficient funds in your Payment Account to complete the Online Bill Payment transaction.
- Failure to follow our procedures for submitting Payment Instructions.
- Incorrect or incomplete Payee information in your Payment Instruction.
- Incorrect or improper Payment Instructions or other information submitted by you.
- Delays or mishandling of your payment by the Payee.
- Problems at our Online Bill Payment processing center that we have advised you about prior to the submission of your payment transaction.
- Failure of your payment to be timely delivered due to circumstances beyond our control and we have taken reasonable precautions to avoid such circumstances.
If we mishandle or incorrectly process your Payment Instruction or cause an incorrect payment to be removed from your Payment Account, then we will be responsible for correcting our mistake, remitting any misdirected transactions to the proper Payee and returning any improperly transferred funds to your Payment Account. Provided that you choose a Payment Initiation Date at least five (5) Business Days prior to the actual due date and we fail to remit your payment in accordance with our Agreement, then we will bear responsibility for any late charge you incur up to a maximum of $50.00. Otherwise, you will be responsible for paying all late charges or penalties incurred by you due to any late delivery of your payment.
The foregoing constitutes your exclusive remedy under this Agreement. In no event shall Bank North, or its employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, whether claimed by you, any third party, or otherwise.
- Transfer Limitations.Except as provided herein, all bill payments and transfers to and from an account are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to such account as set forth in the account agreement governing such account.
- Amendment.We reserve the right, at our discretion, to amend the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time upon reasonable advance notice to you by enclosing a notice of such changes in a statement we send to you or by posting notice of the changes on our website. Your continued use of the Service after the effective date of any such amendment means you accept the terms of the amendment.
- Termination.You may terminate this Agreement and your use of the Service at any time by notifying us in advance. We may terminate this Agreement and your use of the Service at any time by providing notice to you if you breach any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement or of your Payment Account. However, termination of this Agreement will not affect the rights and responsibilities of the parties for transactions initiated before termination.
- Governing Law.You acknowledge and expressly agree that this Online Bill Payment Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin, except only as may be superseded by or otherwise controlled under applicable federal banking regulations with respect to any action or proceeding to enforce any liability or obligation of this Agreement.
- Third Parties.You understand that support and services relating to Online Bill Payment are provided by third parties other than us, and you authorize us to contract with third parties to provide such support and service.
- Customer Liability.Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your password has been lost, stolen or otherwise become available to an unauthorized person or if you believe there have been unauthorized transfers to or from your account. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You can lose no more than $50 if someone used your password without your permission. If any other unauthorized transfer was made from your account, and you do not tell us within 60 days of the date we mail a periodic statement to you, you may not get any money you lost after the 60 days if we show that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you would have told us in time. You can lose no more than $50 for unauthorized transfers occurring within 60 days after the periodic statement was mailed to you. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we may extend the time period.
To apply for Online Bill Payment with Bank North, please visit your nearest Bank North Office and ask for an Application.
IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BILL PAYMENTS
If you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a payment listed on the statement, please telephone us at (715) 856-5116 or write us at Bank North, PO Box 380, Wausaukee, Wisconsin, 54177 Attn: Online Bill Payment Services, as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
- If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
- We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (20 business days if the payment involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the payment involved a new account) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (20 business days if the payment involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. Your account is considered a new account for the first 30 days after the first deposit is made, unless each of you already has an established account with us before the account is opened.
- We will tell you the results within 3 business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Amended June 1,2013
You may want to review the Frequently
Asked Questions (FAQ’s), Browser
Requirements, Disclosures or Security before
using Online Banking.